So it looks at this point like my partner and I are moving to a townhouse a whole two blocks from where we live now. While I’m a little disappointed we aren’t moving to Uptown – I’ve wanted to live in that part of Minneapolis since 1996 – in every other way this place is exactly what we need. Also, I know this neighborhood and cherish it. This means that once I finish this round of Cameron’s works, I’ll probably be closing the Artist’s Way until I’m fully relocated. Of course morning pages will continue – but the blog posts will likely stop for a little while, unless Xiane or Miscellaneaarts feel inspired to start up. I’ve been doing a lot of asking for help so I can do less and thus do more lately – and I’ve been getting it. This is one of the things that has helped me learn how to do that so very dramatically.
I’ve skipped a few morning pages, and been terrible about the counting. I have abstained from self-debting. New day, start over.
As to generosity – I could be more generous by:
- Giving myself more time to take care of myself. My beauty routine makes me look healthier in general, even if I’m not necessarily actually healthier.
- Giving people the benefit of the doubt a bit more. I got trained into cynicism and sarcasm pretty early in life. I’ve actually left most of the sarcasm behind – but the cynicism is a bit more difficult to give up.
- Actually telling the people at my poetry meetup what I know about the local writing community. At first I did it because I’m trying to avoid “taking over” as I do – shadow side of being a natural leader – but now I think I may just be withholding.
- Putting more stuff on freecycle. I’m moving, it needs to be done.
- Spend a little more time commenting on social media from people I actually know. We won’t admit it’s important, but it’s important.
- Telling people what’s going on with me instead of tricking them into talking about themselves the entire conversation. A couple of my friends have busted me at that lately, and it’s true that I don’t do it with everyone. Another example of my withholding/being stingy. Or an example of my trust issues. You pick.
- Start saying no to a lot more projects, especially with the volunteer gig. I’m starting to realize how few realize how large the project actually is.
- Find a way to be a little more flexible with my schedule for my friends.
- Let people know that I actually am a hugger.
- Make time for the witchy. There’s a whole lot of stuff my body literally aches to do – a day or two off from “the schedule” to allow for it is a good thing.
Filed under: Prosperous Heart