- I could get started on that draft for the Doctor Who marathon.
- I could start working on that poetry-spell book, writing a single poem a day.
- I could write a prayer series.
- I could open up Scrivener and plot out my Nanowrimo novel.
- I could write Mike a love letter.
I’ll start with a prayer – to stay committed:
In small steps, repeated, tiny
I advance to you,
the God of my exaltation, the God of my heart, the God I love first and most and with abandoned passion.
Fill me with desire –
that I show up because I want nothing else but these glorious moments of endeavor, that I want nothing but to be where I am when I am, that I want nothing but to let me self seek expression –
and set aside the burdensome thoughts of duty.
Mostly it’s a prayer to keep me motivated to write and continue my exercise program. But I can see where it’s applicable in plenty of other situations.