- Twitter and Facebook are not blogs. They are not micro blogs. They are two entirely separate animals from each other and from blogging.
- Because of the above, old-school promotional methods like link exchanges and blog rolls no longer work.
- It is still important to link to blogs in context – especially as you discuss another blog, its content and its impact on you or your readers.
- Tumblr is blogging, but it’s very different blogging – while some content works, it is for the most part image driven.
- If you just want a long conversation and don’t mind Russian spam, Livejournal is still your best bet.
I can guarantee you stuff will change – I suspect that very soon we’ll all be scrambling to make adjustments for SmartPhones. E-readers, I don’t know yet. I think that platform’s still got to cook.