..or bedside manner might be more appropriate. It is a bit weird to use an FDR reference in general, though I doubt he’d have been offended by a Wiccan – or, more likely at that time, a theosophist – co-opting some of his best marketing.
I am making an effort to book-end my day with “casual” writing. As you can see from the auto-posts on the blog iplanttheseeds is feeding here as I work my way through Julia Cameron’s Supplies. That’s work I do in the morning. In the middle of the day, I work on the books I’m writing. At the moment that’s two works-for-hire for Llewellyn. By the time I finish them a new round of summer annuals will open and I hope to get in on that. I am also working up a pitch for Urban Wicca. Ending the day with my blog seems like a suitable book-end.
It’s not that I actually write 8 hours a day. There are writers who can out there somewhere…and I am unlikely to meet those individuals because they are actually working while the rest of us are up about doing stuff, whether it’s posting crap on Facebook, emptying/loading dishwashers or hovering in the #AbsoluteWrite chatroom under the guise of networking that is sometimes legit… and sometimes procrastination.
I want to talk about all sorts of things and it’s difficult to round it up in one go.
But I am so fond of my lists, and I am eternally grateful for Google Keep for days when the linear approach is just not going to work.
The big-draw stuff I want to do:
- general Paganism (changing face)
- general Wicca
- Basic folk magic practice/psychic self management
- The kind of magic you do when you just want to get the fuck on with your life (my primary practice)
- the problems of routine
- the workshop I’m teaching at 2014 Paganicon: Uh, is this a cult?
- Magick made for Mercury Rx (whatever, I get two chances a year.)
- Hauntings – a recent long-term effort
- The connection between physicality (kinesthetic learning) and magick.
- The Vampire Academy Series or: Why Hollywood should not be left unsupervised with anything labeled feminist
- Adventures in chiropracty or: why I trust the guy but I still don’t want him snapping my neck
- HAES: 5 years and 50 pounds later, still fat and cool with it
- How winter in Minnesota is suddenly making the Shining something I can empathize with
- My latest experiment with Pagan community
- My own weird Internet dating stories – as a person OKCupid almost had to reject (and most people just get that with eHarmony!)
- Thank yous
Now I’ve made the list. No one knows if I’ll actually get through it, least of all me. All I can do is just start somewhere and hope for the best – especially as I’m accepting that I am not going to be one of those people that accomplishes every little thing I think of.