- Mercury Retrograde starts tomorrow – what to do now
- Mercury Rx Day 1: Backitup
- Mercury Rx Day 2: Delete it day!
- Mercury Rx Bootcamp: Day 3 – Redundancies
- Mercury Retrograde Boot Camp Day 4: Review – Todo lists
- Mercury Retrograde Boot Camp: Day 5 – Check your warranties
- Mercury Retrograde Bootcamp: Day 6 – Reread or Review
- Mercury Retrograde Bootcamp Day 7: Recycle
- Mercury Retrograde Boot Camp Day 8: Clean up Broken Links
- Mercury Retrograde Boot Camp Day 9: Declare (Feed) Bankruptcy
- Mercury Retrograde Bootcamp Day 11: You may need a Hazmat suit for this one
- Mercury Retrograde Boot Camp Day 10: Desk Declutter
- Mercury Retrograde Day 12: Be
- Mercury Retrograde Boot Camp Day 13: Repair
- Mercury Retrograde Boot Camp Day 14: Renew
- Mercury Retrograde Boot Camp Day 15: Reconsider
- Mercury Retrograde Boot Camp Day 16: Recycle
- Mercury Retrograde Boot Camp Day 17: Get that checked, or check on that
- Mercury Retrograde Boot Camp Day 18: Iris and the Sun
- Mercury Retrograde Day 19: Clean a closet
- Mercury Retrograde Boot Camp Day 20: Review your New Year’s Resolutions
- Mercury Retrograde Boot Camp Day 21: DVDs and Music
- Mercury Retrograde Boot Camp Day 22: Send it out
- Mercury Retrograde Boot Camp Day 23: that blog you’ve been meaning to look at …
- Mercury Rx: It got to me
I had intended to write a Mercury Retrograde series starting today, this time focused on actual magic. Instead certain events that I would argue are part of this astrological weather we’re having have forced me instead to put it off a day.
Susan Miller commented that we would all be feeling the effects of Retrograde early – that October would be hard – and while it’s not as bizarre or as difficult as the events of last June, it’s been something of a rough ride.
In the past week, I have had:
- Two unexpected medical bills come to me, in part from a miscommunication with the insurance company
- My credit card information was stolen – but caught very quickly by my bank
- When I went to the bank to get a new card, the pin did not activate correctly the first time
- I have had a sudden influx of “unreasonable asks.” Favors or requests that are disproportionately large, with little or no connected benefit to myself.
- People I haven’t heard from or don’t hear from regularly are insistent about seeing me. In one case, it’s understandable. The rest are peculiar; since when? Any confessions of undying love will be attributed only to Chinese television, remote possession and ergot poisoning.
- Today, Facebook was essentially inoperable for everyone.
None are significant enough to constitute “zomg, Mercury Rx!” But it was enough to make to give the calendar a speculative look. Besides, if the sky falls, it’s not just going to fall on me.
The need to change out credit cards did give me an opportunity to take part in a Retrograde friendly activity: review.
I have a number of expenses deducted from my personal accounts. Computer programs that make life easier, donations to groups I enjoy, Google everything.
The sudden shock of the numbers theft allowed me to overcome my sentimentality. There are things I’ve been paying for monthly, biweekly that will be cut.
The reduced expenses will make life a little more flexible in coming months – and perhaps a little less stressful.
So, with my own intentions delayed, I can chalk up another offering to the one step back required by Mercury Rx – and perhaps do a little bit of fishing backwards to see what I might have missed.
- Mercury Retrograde and Wonkiness(gwynnemontgomery.com)
- Don’t Forget, Mercury goes Retrograde Today… by Calleen Wilder(spiritspast.com)
- Mercury Retrograde: The Editing Process and a Time For Reflection(sagmind.wordpress.com)
- Top 10 Things Not to Do During Mercury Retrograde.(elephantjournal.com)