This is part of my work in the Julia Cameron Artist’s Way series. The work this time is from the book the Artist’s Way at Work: Riding the Dragon. The responses are self-examinations and assessments based on work through a daily series of exercises. While I do keep some material offline as it can be very personal and jarring, I often opt to be fairly open about my experiences, both positive and negative.
1. Creatives are “I” thinkers that can be difficult to work with cooperatively.
2. Creatives are, for the most part, healthy individuals.
3. Creatives are liars.
4. Creatives like to bend and break the rules of society.
5. Creatives are fun.
1. Successful people do not have problems.
2. Successful people often receive assistance that I would not.
3. Successful people have more good luck than average.
4. Successful people either play by the rules, or have someone on their side to help them break the rules.
5. Successful people are successful under a single definition that combines health, family, career, money and recognition.