This is part of my work in the Julia Cameron Artist’s Way series. The work this time is from the book the Sound of Paper. The responses are self-examinations and assessments based on work through a daily series of exercises. While I do keep some material offline as it can be very personal and jarring, I often opt to be fairly open about my experiences, both positive and negative.
A list of things I could learn about as I hone my craft of writing and related creativity:
I could learn more about…
- Sketching/drawing skills. A formal class would do me good.
- Sewing techniques – I’d be a better fashion blogger if I understood more about clothing construction.
- Business development and planning.
- Photography – there’s always more to learn there, even with my S90 point and shoot.
- Documentary making. I need a filmographer to partner me for my book project, and the better I understand the process, the better a partner I can choose.
- Poetry. I really want to take a poetry class as it tends to make the rest of my writing much better.
- Gardening. My tomato plants have yellow spots on the leaves, and I’m bewildered. Maybe a switch to liquid fertilizer? Tomato spikes? Already?
- Design, in general.
- CSS/HTML and related computer type stuff.
- Book marketing, and making that all work. I’ve done a round of self-education, but it really is hard to keep up.