This is part of my work in the Julia Cameron Artist’s Way series. The work this time is from the book the Sound of Paper. The responses are self-examinations and assessments based on work through a daily series of exercises. While I do keep some material offline as it can be very personal and jarring, I often opt to be fairly open about my experiences, both positive and negative.
25 Things I association with sophistication.
- Wine bottles – not wine itself, just the bottles. I think the shapes made are beautiful.
- Perfume. I love high end perfumes. The substance matters, but again, I love the bottle shape.
- Oriental/decorative carpets.
- Elegant and elegantly placed scented candles.
- Scarves – but only when worn EXACTLY right.
- Books; large art picture books/pictorials, classic novels, and even electronic books.
- Original paintings.
- Lipstick brushes.
- Cheese plates/cheese.
- Breakfasting on my balcony.
- Sidewalk cafes.
- Antique shops.
- Scented candles, with no metaphysical purpose.
- Art house/indie movies.
- Metal arm bangles.
- Orchestral music.
- Old time comedians; Red Skelton, Danny Kaye.
- Live theater.
- Art Deco.
- discussion salons.
Filed under: Tasks