This is part of my work in the Julia Cameron Artist’s Way series. The work this time is from the book the Sound of Paper. The responses are self-examinations and assessments based on work through a daily series of exercises. While I do keep some material offline as it can be very personal and jarring, I often opt to be fairly open about my experiences, both positive and negative.
This exercise is about sticking with it.
If I took the long view, I’d
- always have a new project going while I work on revisions. (I do, at the moment.)
- send stuff out, but always have something going on while it’s under review.
- remember that my byproducts are not temporary. Boxes and consequences tend to last.
- start seeding some of my “short work” necessary to promote the book on divorce.
- keep working on the Urban Wicca book while I’m doing all of that.
- start thinking of my career and what I want to create after the book has been out, and after the 3 year promotion period.
- remember I am producing a body of work.
- keep working the artist’s way path.
- have a five year and ten year plan going now.
- make a complete map of the baby steps I need to make for Fat Chic.