Just a quick round-up of my various writing projects so you know what I’m up to these days:
- The first draft of the Urban Wicca outline is finished. I’m tweaking it for order/logic, but I’m optimistic that I can begin writing sample chapters this week.
- The Llewellyn Magical almanac piece for 2011 is coming along; I’m drastically overshooting the word length which can only be a byproduct of working on books – the detail orientation drills much deeper in book-writing than it does in short articles.
- I have a new direction/narrative experiment in mind for the Wicca and Divorce book. It’s a big, complicated, ugly subject and no human being could truly fit it into one book, but I can at least try to capture the experience through creative nonfiction/essay techniques supplemented with ritual approaches.
- My website dianarajchel.com is in need of an overhaul, and badly – I have a landing page “created” but there will be other tweaks, one page at a time. Even with an html editor the process is quite maddening and I have yet to think of a good way to present my writing portfolio.
- I am also in the middle of a blog-overhaul, using Problogger’s 31 Days to a Better Blog program. This applies to all my blogs, and it’s takin’ some time.